Sunday, February 13, 2011

Addendum: Carr exercise

Enjoyed it. I tend to think dark in general, but it's usually dark humor and, projected dark humor: not involving me or, if it does, very highly improbable and fantastic situations. The exercise was good for me as it made me confront, in a sense, some of the thoughts in my head, or more generally, the thoughts we tend to bury, even when creative outlets, at times, begs for the sort of vulnerability or uncomfortableness the built into the assignment. Would I be able to keep the steam of my subject(s) over the course of a full-length collection? Probably not. But, I think I could make a pretty bad-ass chapbook from it, or an arc in a very well structured collection.

No music for addendum. Especially since you may or may not be reeling from the wantonness and ridiculousness of Travis Porter's "Make It Rain."

<3 Glenn

No comments:

Post a Comment